CERTIFICATE IN LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE
INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT is an autonomous institute established by the Government of Kerala. The Institute invites application for admission to the six months Certificate Course in Library & Information Science. The scheme of study and syllabus has been updated incorporating advanced topics. The course is targeted to the employment opportunities in public and private sector.
* (out of office hrs batches will be conducted by the Training Centres subject to availability of sufficient candidates and slots)
Eligibility for admission
A Pass in SSLC from Board of Public Examinations, Kerala,
40 per batch
Eligibility for admission
+2 pass or equivalent
Medium of instruction
Last date for receipt of filled in application
Portable date of commencement of classes
How to apply
Application form and Prospectus are available to download from the websites. www.ihrd.ac.in. Copy of Application form is also available from Training Centre also. Completed applications accompanied by copy of Certificates and Registration fee – Rs.150/- by cash/DD (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) (DD drawn in favour of the head of Training Centre) and attested copies of mark list of the SSLC examination/Educational Qualifications should reach the head of the chosen training centre on or before the last date prescribed. Candidates are precluded from applying to more than one training center for admission. Once selected, transfer from one training centre to another will not be given under any circumstances.
The application without registration fee and supporting documents will be rejected without assigning any reason.
Course Contents (As per 2018 scheme)
Library Organization & Management, Library Classification & Cataloguing, Information Sources & Services,Information Technology, Library Classification (Practical), Library Cataloguing (Practical), Information Technology(Practical).
* Medium of Instruction/ Exam will be in English
Tuition fee *
Caution Deposit (Refundable)
Examination fee *
First Installment of Fee to be paid at the time of admission : Rs. 6,550/-
Second Installment of Fee to be paid during third month of study : Rs. 5,000/-
(fine Rs. 10/- per day including holidays after last date, subject to maximum of Rs. 300/-)
Note: Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances
IHRD do not allow any educational concession/exemption from payment of fee to the students studying for the course. But the SC/ST/OEC candidates selected under reservation quota shall be provisionally exempted from payment of the prescribed tuition fees provided they submit application for educational concession from the Scheduled Caste Development Department in the prescribed form along with the supporting documents within 15 days from the date of commencement of the regular classes. If they fail to do so, they should pay the prescribed fees. The sanctioning of educational concession to the above categories of students will be subject to Government Orders issued by SC Development Department from time to time.
The admission process will be cancelled, if recommended minimum no. of candidates are not available to join the course in a centre at the time of interview. In such case, the registration fee will be refunded to the candidates, who have reported for the interview scheduled.
Important Rules and Regulations for the Examination (Students must read the entire rules and regulations available in the course centre before undergoing the course)
- Final Examinations will be conducted by the Institute of Human Resource Development, immediately after the completion of the course.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the course with minimum of 75% attendance alone will be permitted to register for the final Examination. However, the Head of Institutions are authorized to condone shortage of attendance up to 50% of the total attendance on valid reason realizing Rs.500/- towards condonation fee. The condonation of shortage of attendance shall be granted only one time for the entire course. The candidates who have not secured the minimum 70% of attendance shall not be eligible for condonation of shortage or for registration for semester examination.
- Maximum number of chances that can be availed of by a student to pass the Final examination is four (consecutive chances)
- The students who had failed for final examinations are permitted to register in compartment or piece meal appearance.
- If a candidate discontinues after payment of first installment of the fees and if the student is willing to continue the course next batch, he/she will be re-admitted based on the following conditions.
The eligible candidate can be re-admitted subject to the availability of seat in the course at that centre.
The candidate shall pay re-admission fee of Rs.300/- & exam. re-registration fee of Rs. 300/- in addition to normal prescribed fees.
- The minimum mark required for a pass in each subject will be 50% i.e. 40% for written examination and 50% for theory and internal evaluation put together.
- Those who pass the final examination in the first chance securing an aggregate of 75% or more marks put together will be declared to have passed the course in First class with Distinction.
- Those who pass the final examination in the first chance securing an aggregate 60% or more marks will be declared to have eligible for 1 st class. If the candidate secure a minimum of 50% marks in successive appearance such candidate will be placed in the second class.
- All other successful candidates will be placed in the second class.
- Those who pass the Examination will be awarded a Certificate in Library & Information Science by the INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT.