POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT is an autonomous institute established by the Government of Kerala. The Institute invites application for admission to the two semesters Post Graduate Diploma Course in Computer Applications. The scheme of study and syllabus have been updated incorporating advanced topics.
The details are given below.
|Eligibility for admission||Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University|
|Intake/Batch||40 per batch|
|Eligibility for admission||+2 pass or equivalent|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application
for admission in the respective training centre
|Portable date of commencement of classes||July|
How to apply
Application form is available to download from the website:. www.ihrd.ac.in. Copy of Application form is also available from Training Centre also. Filled up applications accompanied by copy of Certificates and Registration fee of Rs.150/- by cash/DD (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) (DD drawn in favour of the head of Training Centre) and attested copies of mark list of the final year degree examination & degree certificate should reach the head of the chosen training centre on or before the last date prescribed. Candidates are precluded from applying to more than one training center for admission. Once selected, transfer from one training centre to another will not be given under any circumstances.
The application without registration fee or supporting documents will be rejected without assigning any reason.
Course Contents (as per scheme 2018)
Computers & Information Technology, Computer Networks & Internet, Programming Techniques, Software Development & Databases, Lab Practice – 1 (, C++, Python), Lab Practice – 2 (PC Skills & Database).
Second Semester :
Advanced Web Technologies, Programming in Java & Android, Advances in Information Technology, Lab Practice – 3 (ASP.Net, PHP), Lab Practice – 4 (Java & Android), Project work.
* Medium of Instruction/ Exam will be in English
Details of fee
|Tuition fee *||Rs.8150.00 per semester|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs.500.00|
|Examination fee *||Rs.750.00 per semester|
* To be paid at the time of admission and beginning of the 2 nd semester course.
(Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances)
IHRD do not allow any educational concession/exemption from payment of fee to the students studying for the course. How ever the SC/ST/OEC candidates selected under reservation quota shall be provisionally exempted from payment of the prescribed fees provided they submit application for educational concession from the Scheduled Caste Development Department in the prescribed form along with the supporting documents within 15 days from the date of commencement of the regular classes. If they fail to do so, they should pay the prescribed fees. The sanctioning of educational concession to the above categories of students will be subject to Government Orders issued by SC Development Department from time to time.
The admission process will be cancelled, if recommended minimum no. of candidates are not available to join the course in a centre at the time of interview. In such case, the registration fee will be refunded to the candidates, who have reported for the interview scheduled.
Important Rules and Regulations for the Examination (Students must read the entire rules and regulations available in the course centre before undergoing the course)
- The semester Examinations will be conducted by the IHRD, immediately after the completion of each semester.
- Candidates who have secured a minimum of 75% of the attendance during the semester only are eligible for the registration for semester examination.
- Students who have shortage of attendance, but not condoned, in any semesters are not eligible to be promoted to the higher semesters. They may seek re-admission.
- A candidate will have up to four consecutive chances for appearing a semester examination from their registration to the regular examination. All supplementary exams conducted subsequent to a regular examination will be treated as a chance, irrelevant whether the candidate has registered for those exams or not.
- A Candidate is eligible for attending second semester of the course, only if he/she completes the first semester course and has registered for the first semester regular examination.
- Candidates who have not secured the minimum attendance during the semester or those who have failed for sessional marks (Continuous Assessment) even for one subject have to repeat the semester by paying the prescribed semester fees.
- The minimum marks required for a pass in each subject will be 50% of maximum marks. (ie, for theory/practical and sessional put together.) However individual minimum of 40% is required for theory/practical and sessional of each subject, separately. There is no provision for improvement of sessional (CE) marks, unless the candidate repeats the semester study.
- A candidates is required to complete both the semesters and register for second semester regular examination within 24 months from the date of admission. Candidates who are unable to register for second semester regular examination within 24 months have to repeat the entire course from the first semester.
- A candidate who has completed the first semester and registered for the first semester examinations, but has discontinued the course on medical reasons or otherwise, will be re-admitted to the second semester of the course on the following conditions.
i) The candidate must have requested for re-admission to the course within 18 months from the date of admission.
ii) The syllabus and the scheme for first & second semester of the course he/she will be attending, must be the same.
iii) The eligible candidate can be re-admitted, subject to the availability of vacant seat at the training centre.
iv) The candidate should pay a re-admission fee and a re-registration fee for examination in addition to the normal prescribed semester fees.
v) If the schemes are different, the candidate can repeat the course from first semester as per the revised scheme and is eligible for 50% concession on tuition fee during first semester. But he/she should pay all other fees (admission, exam etc.) during the first semester and fee for second semester at normal rates.
The above fee concession is applicable as per the following conditions only.
a) The candidate has registered for the first semester regular examination under old scheme.
b) The candidate should be re-admitted to the first semester under revised scheme, within 18 months from the date of previous admission under old scheme.
c) The Director, IHRD has issued a written sanction for fee concession.
- Those who pass the first and second semesters in the first chance securing an aggregate of 75% or more marks put together will be declared to have passed the course in “ First Class with Distinction”.
i) Those who pass the first and second semesters in the first chance securing an aggregate of 60% or more marks put together will be declared to have passed the course in “ First Class”.
ii) Those who pass the first semester supplementary examination along with the second semester regular examination, securing an aggregate of 60% or more marks put together will be declared to have passed the course in “ First Class”.
iii) All other successful candidates will be placed in the “Second Class”.
- All successful candidates will be awarded a “Post Graduate Diploma” by the IHRD.
- The detailed scheme and syllabus, Rules and Regulations of PGDCA course/Examination is available in each centre for the information of students, students may obtain the same from the concerned centre and read carefully before undergoing the course.