Diploma in Computer Application
INSTITUTE OF HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT is an autonomous institute established by the Government of Kerala. The Institute invites application for admission to Diploma Course in Computer Applications (Six months course). The scheme of study and syllabus has been updated incorporating advanced topics. The course is targeted to the employment opportunities in public and private sector and for self employment.
|Intake/Batch||40 per batch|
|Eligibility for admission||+2 pass or equivalent|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Last date for receipt of filled in application
for admission in the respective training centre
|Portable date of commencement of classes||July/January|
How to apply
Application form and PROSPECTUS can be downloaded from IHRD website. Completed application accompanied by demand draft for Rs..150/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of the head of training centre towards registration fee and attested copies of mark list of +2 examination should reach the head of the chosen training centre on or before the last date prescribed. The D.D in respect of Model Polytechnic, Mala, should be payable at Chalakudy. Candidates are precluded from applying to more than one training centre for admission. In the application, the name of training centre chosen should be invariably noted. Once selected, transfer from one training centre to another will not be given under any circumstances. The application without registration fee and supporting documents will be rejected without assigning any reason.
Course Contents includes ( as per Scheme 2018)
PC Hardware & Operating Systems, Office Automation Packages, Networking & Web Technology, Lab Practice- 1 (Windows, Linux, PC Hardware), Lab Practice- 2 (Office automation packages ,Data Entry), Lab Practice- 3 (Network, PC Skills, Internet)
Details of FEE:
|Admission FEE||Rs. 300/-|
|Tuition FEE*||Rs. 6,150/-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 500/-|
|Examination FEE*||Rs. 750/-|
First installment of FEE to be paid at the time of admission.
|Admission FEE||Rs. 300/-|
|Tuition FEE||Rs. 3,150/-|
|Exam FEE||Rs. 750/-|
|Caution Deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 500/-|
Second Installment of Fee to be paid during third month of admission. : Rs. 3,000/-
(Fine Rs.10/- per day including holidays after last date, subject to a maximum of Rs..300/-)
The Fees once paid is non-refundable under any circumstances, unless stated otherwise.
IHRD do not allow any educational concession/exemption from payment of fee to the students studying for the course. How ever the SC/ST/OEC candidates selected under reservation quota shall be provisionally exempted from payment of the prescribed fees provided they submit application for educational concession from the Scheduled Caste Development Department in the prescribed form along with the supporting documents within 15 days from the date of commencement of the regular classes. If they fail to do so, they should pay the prescribed fees. The sanctioning of educational concession to the above categories of students will be subject to Government Orders issued by SC Development Department from time to time.
The admission process will be cancelled, if recommended minimum no. of candidates are not available to join the course in a centre at the time of interview. In such case, the registration fee will be refunded to the candidates, who have reported for the interview scheduled.
Important Rules and Regulations for the Examination (Students must read the entire rules and regulations available in the course centre before undergoing the course)
- The final Examination will be conducted by the IHRD, immediately after the completion of the course.
- Candidates who have secured a minimum of 75% of the attendance during the course only are eligible for the registration for the examination.
- Students who have shortage of attendance, but not condoned, are not eligible to register for the examination.6
- A candidate will have up to four consecutive chances for appearing the final examination from their registration to the regular examination. All supplementary exams conducted subsequent to a regular examination will be treated as a chance, irrelevant whether the candidate has registered for those exams or not.
- Candidates who have not secured the minimum attendance during the course or those who have failed for continuous evaluation even for one subject have to repeat the course by paying the prescribed fees.
- The minimum marks required for a pass in each subject will be 50% of maximum marks. (i.e., for theory/practical (End of course assessment and the continues evaluation put together.) However individual minimum of 50% is required for theory/practical (End of course assessment) and continues evaluation of each subject, separately. There is no provision for improvement of sessional (CE) marks, unless the candidate repeats the course.
- A candidate can apply for the revaluation of answer scripts on the following conditions.
i. The application for revaluation of answer scripts shall be submitted in the prescribed format through the head of institution along with the required fee, within 10 days of receipt of mark lists or within 15 days of date of publication of result, whichever is earlier.
ii. The revaluation/re-counting fee once remitted will not be refunded under any circumstances.
iii. The revised marks list will be issued, as per existing rules for revaluation.
- The students have the opportunity to point out the mistakes in Name, sex, date of birth etc. given in the hall ticket by making necessary correction in the copy of A-list, at the time of receiving hall tickets. They can also submit request for correction through the head of training centre, with a copy of the SSLC certificate any time, before the publication of results. These changes will be corrected free of cost. But, once mark list/diploma certificate is prepared and forwarded to the training centre for issue, any correction of above details will be made on the verification of documents and payment of prescribed fees along with the application.
- i) Those who pass the final examination in the first chance securing an aggregate of 75% or more marks will be declared to have passed the course in “First Class with Distinction”.
ii) Those who pass the final examination in the first chance securing an aggregate of 60% or more marks will be declared to have passed the course in “First Class”.
iii) All other successful candidates will be placed in the “Second Class”.
- All successful candidates will be awarded a Diploma by the IHRD.
- A provisional certificate will be issued to successful students, if applied within 3 months from the date of publication of results. Application in the prescribed format duly recommended by the head of training centre should be submitted to the Director, IHRD, along with the prescribed fees and proof of Identity. The provisional certificate once issued, will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue or till the Diploma certificates are issued, whichever is earlier.